- Burn candle within sight and keep away from flammable objects.
- Keep away from children and pets.
- Never leave candle unattended.
- Trim yo wick! Remember to trim your cotton wick to 1/4" before relighting your candle. This will give a brighter and cleaner burn. Snip the tip with wick trimmers, scissors, or with a tissue paper.
- When you are going to light your soy candle for the first time, it is important to let it burn for 2 - 3 hours. This is done in order to ensure an even melt (edge to edge) of the candle and to discourage tunneling.
- Make sure the wax pool is free of wick trimmings as well as other debris.
- Only burn the candle on a level, fire resistant surface.
- Do not burn the candle for more than 3-4 hours at a time.
- Never burn your candle for more than the recommended time. Doing so can cause the glass jar to overheat and possibly crack. All of our glass jars are candle approved by our suppliers.
- Do not let your candle burn itself out. Stop use when only 1/2" of wax remains.
- Bumpy tops after burning your soy candle is normal. It is a byproduct of soy wax.
Extra extra read all about it:
We use soy wax which is made out of soy beans and other natural ingredients homegrown here in the USA. Since it is a natural wax with no additives, frosting (a white coating) is normal. Frosting does not negatively affect the candle nor the quality of its burn. We do not add any color dye to our candles.
We opt for the natural wax color but there can be discoloration/variation from candle to candle due to the fragrance oils and through out the life of your candle burns. This is also normal and does not affect the burn of your candle.
Although soy wax candles have much less soot, it can be expected! Yes, you read that right! If you do not trim your cotton wicks, they will soot. It is important to burn your soy candles properly.